Third Party Fundraising
Sheffield Place greatly appreciates your interest in making the agency the beneficiary of your special event or promotion. Sheffield Place requests that you contact us in advance.
- All fundraising events for the benefit of Sheffield Place need to be approved at least 30 days in advance by the Director of Program & Development.
- Events and promotions must complement the mission and image of Sheffield Place.
- Events and promotions must comply with all federal, state and local laws governing charitable fund raising, gift reporting and special events.
- Event and promotion related activity that uses the name or logo of Sheffield Place must be approved before distribution to the public.
- Sheffield Place does not release its mailing list. The Director of Program & Development may choose to inform select groups of supporters as appropriate.
- The organization and execution of the event is the responsibility of the event organizer. The event organizer must obtain any necessary permits, licenses, and/or insurance.
- Sheffield Place may ask you to modify or cancel the event as circumstances require.
- The public shall be fully informed regarding the net amount that will be donated from the event/promotion. If less than 100 percent of the net proceeds will be donated, the actual percentage shall be disclosed to potential donors and participants.
- Within 60 days following the completion of your event/program, proceeds must be received by Sheffield Place.
- If event expenses are greater than the money raised by event/promotion, the organizer is responsible for those expenses.
- As the donor or sponsor of the event/promotion, you are required by IRS regulations to denote in all promotional and print materials the percentage of proceeds that will be donated to Sheffield Place.
- Sheffield Place will provide a written tax receipt to donors who make their checks payable to ”Sheffield Place.”